Introducing Lyme Bay Holidays
Lyme Bay Holidays has been successfully letting holiday homes in the Lyme Bay area for more than 30 years. We are an experienced family run business and are the areas leading independent holiday lettings agency. Since acquiring the business in 2000 we have seen a 300% increase in the number of owners we act for.
Lyme Bay Holidays is a specialist agency, concentrating on the West Dorset, East Devon & South Somerset areas, all within an approximate 15 mile radius of Lyme Regis. This offers a number of important advantages in terms of the service we can offer you.
Our Service to You
- Targeted marketing of your property - We concentrate our marketing strategy on a very specific area, targeting particular groups of potential holidaymakers drawn to this region for self-catering holidays. The result is that we can let your holiday property for more weeks and over a longer period.
- First-hand knowledge of your property - The service we offer our owners and holidaymakers is a personal one. Our staff will have visited your property and can talk with confidence to potential holidaymakers about its merits.
- On hand to deal with problems on your behalf - We offer 24 hour maintenance and emergency service through our 2 full time employed maintenance men. When necessary, we use a small band of local tradesmen that we can thoroughly recommend and trust. Not only does this reassure you that the well-being of your property is in safe hands, it also ensures a first class service for your guests.
- Housekeeping - it is essential that properties are cleaned and presented to a very high standard. We can find and appoint a local housekeeper to prepare and look after your property. Our Housekeeping Managers take the additional step of checking the quality of cleaning on a regular basis.
- Linen Scheme - Guests expect to find good quality, clean linen made up on the beds when they arrive. For owners not living locally and unable to carry out their own laundry and bed making service we can do this for you as part of our service.
Marketing Your Property
- Website - We are often complimented on our attractive and user friendly website. Linked directly to our database the website offers live availability and allows the customer to make an online reservation, paying directly through a secure payment system. We also feature various search options to assist customers in arriving and booking the property most suitable to their needs. Our targeted Google Ad-words campaigns ensure top placements in customer searches.
- Brochure - Lyme Bay Holidays produces a full colour brochure annually for distribution to our extensive database of customers and new enquirers received as a result of our varied marketing campaigns throughout the year. A large proportion of our business comes from repeat bookings and recommendations.
- National advertising - In order to reach the typical Lyme Bay holidaymaker we advertise extensively in the quality national press and a number of popular and specialist magazines, tourism publications and guides.
- Local PR, advertising & marketing - We endeavor to support and contribute to the local community and regularly sponsor local events and projects. This also ensures that the name of Lyme Bay Holidays cannot be missed by the many thousands of visitors we welcome to the area every year.
- The quality of our service is reflected by the large proportion of our business derived from repeat bookings and recommendations. We believe the most important aspect of our marketing strategy is keeping our current holidaymakers happy so they keep coming back!
- E- Newsletter - regularly sent to our fast growing list of subscribers to highlight local events, features of interest, new properties and special offers or discounts.
Commitment to Quality
Todays holidaymakers are increasingly looking for and demanding higher standards of accommodation, facilities and service. We are fully committed to our quality assessment scheme, with the assessments being undertaken by an independent assessor of huge VisitEngland experience. This trusted scheme ensures properties are graded independently and consistently, allowing customers to book with confidence. Our policy is to let only properties that will achieve a grading of at least 3 stars . We offer all new owners advice on the self catering guidelines and if required suggestions regarding furnishing, fixtures and facilities in order to maximise the properties letting potential.
Flexibility of Service
At Lyme Bay Holidays we aim to be flexible, we can do as little or as much as you want us to and there are 2 basic levels of service available to you:-
- Level 1 - Booking agent marketing, securing bookings for your property and maintenance cover.
- Level 2 - Includes an additional range of management services as required such as key handout, organising cleaning, housekeeping and gardening services etc.
We pride ourselves on working in partnership with our owners and tailoring our service as required, therefore the commission we charge is dependent on the service provided.
Lyme Bay Holidays operate an inclusive cancellation plan benefiting both owners and holidaymakers in the event of a cancellation. The cost of the plan is paid for as an inclusive charge built into the brochure price chart.
The Lyme Bay Holidays office is staffed six days a week from 8.30am until 5pm, there is a 24 hour recorded service for brochure enquiries and a 24 hour telephone number for holidaymakers to call in the event of an out-of-hours emergency. You have already found our very active website which generates a large amount of business. Our locally based staff are trained to provide a friendly, helpful first point of contact for prospective holidaymakers on the telephone. We make sure that our bookings staff visit all new properties as quickly as possible in order to be able to answer holidaymakers enquiries with confidence.
If you would like to talk to us about holiday letting or discuss the potential of a property you are looking to purchase please call 01297 443363 during office hours and speak to David, Ben or Jim Matthews. Alternatively email us on any of the addresses below:
David Matthews email@example.com
Jim Matthews firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Matthews email@example.com