Making the decision to get married is one of the most beautiful, special moments in your life – but it’s not without its stresses. Indeed, actually planning your wedding can be something of a trial, with dozens of decisions to make before you can get to that remarkable day.
Here at Lyme Bay Holidays, our self catering Devon cottages make for the perfect base for either the lucky couple or visiting families, but it’s not accommodation we’re focussing on today – because we’ve got our eyes on venues
Devon is home to countless amazing wedding venues, from beachside bliss to country house splendour, and in this guide we’re going to be sharing with you some of our favourites.
- The Horn of Plenty, Tavistock – Voted “Best Wedding Venue in Devon” by the South West Wedding Awards panel in 2016, The Horn of Plenty offers stunning views over the Tamar Valley, exceptional dining and 5 acres of grounds with features 4 rooms licensed for civil ceremonies or partnerships and space for up to 200 guests!
- Tunnels Beaches, Ilfracombe – Tunnels Beaches is found on Devon’s North Coast and is a truly spectacular venue for a wedding and reception. You’ll access your private, secluded garden overlooking the ocean through hand-carved tunnels before you take in the breath-taking views over to Lundy Island. Get married out on the beach or in their stunning, modern building, the choice is yours!
- Brickleigh Castle, Brickleigh – Who doesn’t want to feel like royalty on their wedding day? Brickleigh Castle is the ideal Devonshire wedding location for those looking for a stunningly romantic wedding venue. Found in the Exe Valley, it’s a picturesque and historical location with space for up to 120 guests in the Great Hall for your ceremony. It’s currently shortlisted for Wedding Venue of the Year, too!
- ANRAN, Landscove – For a boutique wedding experience, it can be hard to find a more stunning option than ANRAN. With a perfect blend of luxury and Devonshire charm, you’ll enjoy a wedding breakfast in their beautiful greenhouse, with space for 200 guests, before enjoying your marquee wedding with space for up to 4000 guests.
- Fox & Hounds Country Hotel and Treetops Treehouse, Eggesford – Beloved by wedding guests for its blend of the modern and traditional, Fox & Hounds in Eggesford offers one incredibly special way to get married – in a treehouse. Their luxury treehouse, Treetops, is available for weddings and is the ideal location to create those special memories.
- Paschoe House, Dartmoor – A dramatic and imposing Tudor Gothic house, Pashcoe House is nestled in the iconic rolling hills just north of Dartmoor and offers a luxurious, traditional wedding venue. With 25-acres of land available and exquisite dining, capably served by their delightful staff, it’s simply a wonderful place to be wed.