Summer is here and Lyme Regis is filled with happy holidaymakers taking in the sunshine, hunting for fossils on the beach and enjoying the countless attractions which keep guests coming back time and time again.
It’s a beautiful place to take a holiday and a location which has acted as a base for Brits on holiday for hundreds of years, even appearing in works of literature like Jane Austen’s Persuasion.
From our stunning holiday cottages situated both in and around the town, you can enjoy all Lyme Regis has to offer, but what events can you expect to enjoy over August and September in 2018? Here are a few of our highlights:
- Dr Feelgood, August 3rd – One of Britain’s all-time great R&B bands are preparing to play a huge show in Lyme Regis at the Marine Theatre. Expect to hear hits like Milk and Alcohol, Roxette, Back in the Night, Down at the Doctors, She Does it Right and Going Back Home in what is set to be an unmissable night.
- Summer Open Art Show, August 3rd-15th – Head down to The Malthouse Gallery for an open and free exhibition of some of the south-wests finest emerging painters, sculptors, ceramicists, printmakers and photographers.
- DJ Yoda, August 4th – Playing a special, one-off warm-up show before his huge appearance at Bestival, multi-award-winning DJ and producer DJ Yoda is playing Lyme Regis’ Marine Theatre in what should be an intimate, incredible show.
- Lyme Regis Regatta and Carnival Week, August 4th-12th – Lyme Regis is made for families, and Regatta and Carnival Week is just another example of the amazing events that go on in the town regularly. Expect carnival processions, regatta races, activities and events for all ages!
- River Cottage Festival, August 25th-26th – TV’s River Cottage is hosting a festival over August Bank Holiday. Located near Axminster (just a short drive from Lyme Regis), the River Cottage Festival features famous chef masterclasses, street food stalls, local producers and family-friendly activities.
- Candles on the Cobb, August 26th – See Lyme Regis’ world-famous Cobb wall like you’ve never seen it before at Candles on the Cobb. Over 5,000 tea-lights are lit at the same time on the 26th, creating an incredible spectacle which raises money for local and national charities.
- Lyme Regis Folk Festival, August 31st -September 2nd – Quickly growing into one of the most popular events in the town, Lyme Regis Folk Festival makes its return this year with yet more incredibly local and national folk artists, spread across multiple venues in town.
- Food Rocks Festival, September 8th-9th – Mark Hix’s Food Rox Festival is making its way back to Lyme Regis Marine Parade this year, marking its 6th Highlighting the very best in local producers, chefs and restaurants alongside live top chef demonstrations, it’s a real treat that raises money for the local RNLI and Fishermen’s Mission.
Of course, those are just a taste of what you can expect to find in Lyme Regis over the coming months, so why not come down and let the whole family experience what we have to offer?