In order to deal with your enquiry or to process your booking, we need to collect certain personal details from you. These details will include, where applicable, the names, ages and addresses of party members, credit/ debit card or other payment details and special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday. If we need any other personal details, we will tell you before we obtain them from you.
We need to pass on your personal details to the companies and organisations who need to know them so that your holiday can be provided (for example credit/debit card companies or banks).
Except where expressly permitted by the Data Protection Act, we will only deal with the personal details you give us as set out above unless you agree otherwise. We have appropriate security measures in place to protect this information.
When making a booking on this website your debit/credit card information is not held by or seen by us. The card details are collected by our third-party payment processors who provide specialised, secure online processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you provide credit/debit card details via the telephone or in person or by email/in writing (we would never recommend via email or in writing), these will also be processed via the third-party payment specialists and no card details will be held by us.
We keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on the website and contact you if deemed necessary. Any queries regarding this notice can be emailed to email@example.com
Reasons for collection and processing of your data:
- When making a booking or filling in forms on our site, over the phone, by email or in person.
- When entering any competitions or promotions we may have sponsored or feature on the website.
- When you contact us with an enquiry or report a problem we may keep a record of this information. We may monitor or record phone conversations for training and/or customer service procedure.
- When you complete a questionnaire at the end of your holiday.
- When you subscribe to our email newsletters (an immediate opt-out of these emails is available at all times)
- Information on your visits to our website including, but not limited to, site usage, traffic data, location, blogs and other communication data.
- Information about the type of hardware and software you use and your IP address. This is only used for reporting and statistical information and does not identify any individual.
- Owners, for whom we manage your holiday property, we need to collect details such as your name, contact details and bank details. We will also require certain information regarding the property you intend to let.
How we use this information:
- To allow us to process your booking and provide your holiday
- To improve and administer our services including our website
- To provide you with information, services, products or any details you may have asked for or which we think may be of interest to you
- To manage all obligations arising from the contracts entered into between you, us and/or the property owners
- To ask you for your comments on any of the services or information that we provide
- To manage customer service queries and allow us to provide details and/or information you may have requested
- To use to reply to or forward any communications you have requested and that may be of interest to you
- To notify or advise you of any changes to our services or your booking information
- To allow us (for internal purposes) to evaluate statistical information in the evaluation of our services
- For property owners; To enable us to advertise and market you property, arrange bookings, transfer payments and provide related services and supporting correspondence and to provide the property management services as agreed
Who we share your information with;
- In order to provide and/or manage your booking before, during or after your stay we may share your details with the owners of the property
- For property owners; In order to provide/and or manage your booking for you as your agent we may share your details with individuals renting your property, sub-contractors and other organisations for the completing of tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. We will only disclose that information that is necessary.
- Credit/debit card companies (only in relation to a confirmed booking)
- The Police; should it be requested under UK Law
- We may also use and/or disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings and/or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
How we manage your information;
- We may appoint third party service providers to help us manage our systems within our business. Some of these systems may be located in countries overseas where we are satisfied that that adequate levels of security are in place. By submitting your personal data you agree to these procedures which include but are not limited to; data storage, payment processing and the provision of support services. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely.
- The transmission of information via the internet (including email) is not completely secure. We endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot however guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. All transmissions are at your own risk.
- On receiving your information we will use strict procedures and security procedures to try to prevent unlawful and/or unauthorised access.
- We have a system of retention in place to make sure any information is only stored whilst it is required for relevant purposes or as a legal requirement. Should your information no longer be required we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
- Should you wish to update your marketing preferences, services or personal data then please contact us on 01297 443363 or alternatively email; firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at;
Lyme Bay Holidays
Access to the information we hold;
- You are entitled to ask us (by letter or e-mail) what details of yours are being held or processed, for what purpose and to whom they may be or have been disclosed.
- Please contact us if you believe any of the information we hold is inaccurate
- A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your browser when you visit our site.
- A cookie cannot contain a virus, it is not a program and can only contain dates, text, numbers etc
- Cookies do not identify you as an individual, they collect statistical data about your browsing behaviour and patterns, for example they allow us to see which pages of our site you visit and the time spent on each page.
- Cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of “hits” or individual site users in any given time period.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting in your browser. Blocking cookies may mean that you will be unable to access certain pages on our website.
- A Cookie will last the length of time for which it was created to. Some will be deleted when your browser is shutdown others can last longer although most will expire with 12 months. All Cookies can be deleted within the browser settings on the hardware you use to visit the site.
- If you have any queries on Cookies and how we use them please email; email@example.com