For specific information on Covid-19, including details regarding cancellations related to Covid-19, please read here
If you have to cancel your holiday – please read the details of the procedures below
- Lyme Bay Holidays must be telephoned or emailed as soon as you become aware you cannot take your holiday. You may still be liable for your balance 12 weeks before arrival.
- All cancellations must be confirmed in writing within five working days, giving details of the reason for the cancellation along with a doctor’s letter or other supporting documents as required
- Holidays can only be cancelled under the cover up to 2 days before the day of your arrival. All holidays cancelled after this time will not be covered
- This holiday protection cover is operated by Lyme Bay Holidays, whose decision is final
- Where a cancellation is covered by the scheme, full repayment will be made less a £50 administration fee and the £35 booking fee.
Death, injury or serious illness of any member of the party or close relative (close relative defined as; Spouse, Partner, Fiancé (e), Parent, Parent in Law, Child, Brother, Sister), jury service of any member of the party; posting of any member of the party in the armed services; at the request of the Police, any member of the party who is named on the booking and is required for statement following fire or theft at home.
Pregnancy or giving birth when the expected date of birth is within 60 days of the holiday start date; death/injury/illness as a consequence of a condition known or occurring prior to booking; any member of the party (or relative causing the cancellation) aged 70 years or over at the time of travel; government regulations; strikes; war; revolution; domestic disputes; bad weather; disinclination to travel; change of employment; changes to leave by employer; drug addiction; divorce and or partner separation,; suicide attempted suicide, an epidemic or pandemic declared by the WHO (World Health Organisation), the Department of Health or DEFRA.
In the event of a cancellation not being covered, Lyme Bay Holidays will use their best endeavours to re-sell the holiday on your behalf and will refund the amount paid less the £35 booking fee, any discount applied to re-sell the holiday and a £50 administration charge. Any such refund will not be forthcoming until after the end of the holiday date.
In any event the full balance must be paid by the due date where a cancellation is not covered by the Holiday Protection Cover.
Retrospective claims will not be entertained.
If you require comprehensive medical/cancellation cover, we strongly advise that you take out independent travel insurance.